July 11, 2018
TVF’s 1st Birthday Staff Interviews – Noreen
Remarkably we have already been open nearly a year and over that time we have developed a team who share their passion and love for the job, watched the clinic grow in success and enjoyed helping all our couples on their fertility journey.
To celebrate our 1st Birthday since opening our doors in 2017, we have asked some of our staff who were involved in the set up and growth of the clinic since its very beginning to describe their experiences in 10 questions….
Here is our another Q&A with Noreen Ali from our patient services team.
1. How did it feel to be part of the brand new TVF clinic just over a year ago?
It felt very special to be a part of something so wonderful. The atmosphere was full of excitement, buzzing with activity in preparation for the clinic HFEA audit and opening.
2. Describe your first thoughts on Day 1 when everything opened officially.
The work up to the HFEA licence was nerve-wracking ( despite being more than ready) so to be officially open with our licence & ready for treatments felt like a very exciting time and I couldn’t wait get started!
3. Do you clearly recall the first patient who came to the clinic?
The first patients through the Thames Valley Fertility doors will always have a special place as we all began this journey together.
4. What has been your most memorable moment here at TVF over the last year?
Most definitely the first pregnancy! The first scan pictures were truly emotional.
5. What has been the funniest moment?
A training session using one of the recovery beds!
6. What is the best or favourite part about your job here at TVF?
The best part is to receive that call carrying the news of a positive test.
7. What has been your most challenging moment here at TVF?
Thames Valley Fertility have provided me with challenge after challenge since joining, giving me many opportunities to learn and grow my skills.
8. What part of your job is the least enjoyable?
Working in patient services, we join each patient at the start of their journey, and stay in contact all the way through. Sometimes a cycle may not bring the news we are all working for and this is always difficult for everyone.
9. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Always take risks. What is life without them?
10. Describe your time here at TVF in 3 words
Exciting, emotional & Inspiring
Special thanks, to Noreen for her answers.
Tomorrow we will hear from another one of the starting team at TVF.